The West Central Georgia Cancer Coalition (WCGCC) is a community of hospitals, physicians, public health departments, community organizations, businesses and concerned citizens in West Central Georgia, all working together to reduce the number of cancer deaths in our region.
What does WCGCC offer?
WCGCC provides help to cancer patients and family members through:
- Evaluation of all referrals for eligibility for services
- Provision of follow-up for all clients based on screening test results and clinician directions
- Referral to other community agencies as needed
Promotion of community awareness of cancer prevention/control through education of:
- Community Groups
- Potential individual/groups of clients
- Other organizations such as WCGCC Board, schools, businesses, faith-based organizations, etc. Healthcare professionals
- Special projects (as available)
- Resource materials
West Central Georgia Cancer Coalition (WCGCC) follows the American Cancer Society (ACS) Guidelines for the Early Detection of Cancer (Rev 07-06-2010). The Agency does not perform the screening procedures it facilitates performance of the screening by:
- Identification and recruitment of clients in the target population*
- Provision of financial assistance to eligible clients, as needed and available for screening procedures
- Assisting clients, as needed, in locating a provider and the scheduling of cancer screening appointments
- Access to quality care
Advocacy for resources to help meet client needs and agency goals. When you need assistance, the WCGCC is there to help you and your family members.
How can we help you? If you live in our region and:
- You suspect you have cancer
- You’ve been diagnosed or treated for cancer
- You’ve been referred by the health department or a physician
- You are a family member of a cancer patient
Call WCGCC and our staff will be glad to assist you in getting help when you need it most.