The West Central Georgia Cancer Coalition (WCGCC) is a community of hospitals, physicians, public health departments, community organizations, businesses and concerned citizens in West Central Georgia, all working together to reduce the number of cancer deaths in our region.
WCGCC provides help to cancer patients and family members through:
1. Cancer Screenings
- Identification and recruitment of clients in the target population*
- Provision of financial assistance to eligible clients, as needed and available for screening procedures
- Assisting clients, as needed, in locating a provider and the scheduling of cancer screening appointments
- Evaluation of all referrals for eligibility for services
- Provision of follow-up for all clients based on screening test results and clinician directions
- Referral to other community agencies as needed
Promotion of community awareness of cancer prevention/control through education of:
- Community groups
- Potential individual/groups of clients
- Other organizations such as WCGCC Board, schools, businesses, faith-based organizations, etc.
- Healthcare professionals
- Special projects (as available)
Advocating for resources to help meet client needs and agency goals.